I’m posting this looking for feedback on what my readers want to see on this blog. (All, um, 10 or so of you.) I’m hoping to eventually be able to ask these questions in survey form from people who contribute to my Patreon, but since right now I seem to just be getting tips in PayPal form (thanks for that), I figure I’ll open it up to all of you.
I have a handful of essay ideas, most of which will probably end up getting made eventually, and a few longer term projects that I’m thinking of doing if people are interested in reading them.
The essays include the following topics:
- Dolores Umbridge is the best villain of all time and why, with possible sidebars on Rita Skeeter and Snape
- Why Leliana has my favorite arc of any video game character ever
- How (and maybe why) Google results are getting less useful
- Worldbuilding in Morrowind and why it’s still the best I’ve seen even though it’s over a decade since it’s come out
- Joss Whedon: bad at feminism in some really creepy and specific ways
- Tony Stark vs. Steve Rogers and competing visions of America
- How Daredevil balances “grittiness” with actual heart
- My Bisquick biscuit recipe, which features excessive swearing, is written in all caps, and has best results when made by someone who is very drunk
- I just realized I’ve been reading webcomics for over a decade, holy shit, there’s probably an essay in that
- Dragon Age 2 as telling a sort of zeitgeist story
The projects include the following:
- Figuring out cosplay with the Social Justice Warrior costume, which I’m making anyway but haven’t been documenting
- A series of essays on a game or game series that I’ve played before and have a lot of things to say about, with possible options for game(s) including the Mass Effect series, Tales of the Abyss, Skies of Arcadia and the Dragon Age series
- Something between a diary and a series of essays on games that I’ve never played but that I would likely have interesting things to say about, possibly including Planescape: Torment
I’m open to other ideas– I know a lot of you found me via my MetaFilter comments or Twitter feed, so if there are topics I’ve talked about there that you want to know more about or would find interesting in a cleaned-up essay form, I’d like to hear about it.
Thanks in advance for your feedback.